Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Walk in the Park

Nicholson Park. A tiny square of greenery, more like a passageway between two streets. A few trees, a bit of lawn, a paved walk. Nothing more. Housing developments on both sides.

We walk there occasionally, when the weather is not conducive to long hikes. And there is always something to see.

Here are a few photos from last week, a cold, off-and-on rainy day.

Snowdrops

Thorny branches, with red buds at the tips.
Catkins.

Old dead leaves from last fall, turned blue-black over the winter. With berries.
Oh, but it was cold! But just across a couple of parking lots is our favourite Tim Horton's. Coffee, tea, muffins (blueberry).

Warmth, conversation, and then home for supper.

2 comments:

  1. I opened your blog, and saw the snow drops and went Hmmmm! Spring. There are many signs of spring--including no snow removal stuff at our local hardware, just lots and lots of plants and grass stuff. I wasn't ready for spring, BUT now that I have seen the flowers in your park, I can get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowdrops too. I really have to visit the west coast! Spring in February in Canada. Wow.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger