Saturday, August 25, 2012

Very Big, BIG, Beetle

We've been told that the beach below our motel in Campbell River is a favourite site for fossil hunters. With that in mind, when I saw this ...


... I was immediately convinced that it was a humongous fossilized beetle.

Well, not exactly convinced. Not really. Not even slightly. But I do have a good imagination.

The "head" is over a meter long. The antennae are longer still. The rock is just one of the great slabs of sandstone that cover the beach. The green fuzz on it is rockweed.


And don't forget; September 9th is Rock Flipping Day! Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger