Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Home!

We're home again, exhausted, sunburnt, broke, mosquito-bitten, and lugging suitcases packed with dirty laundry, but having forgotten my big thermos of hot coffee in the motel; all the evidences of a great vacation. We must do it again next summer.

It's time we were home, though. Life here has been going on without us too long. A spider has set up shop in the bathroom, the raccoons have been pawing through my garden. and slugs have eaten Laurie's swiss chard. And an unidentified cocoon has opened in our absence to release a beautiful moth. I'll take photos tomorrow, in daylight.

It's good to be home!

Sunset, Oyster Bay

Update: I forgot to add this. The damaged anemone has been recovering, regenerating the lost half of its mouth and tentacles. It came home with us, and survived the trip beautifully. More on this later.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home and thanks for the update on the anemone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous capture of the sunset!! I looked at the poor anemone, and your are right - it is still beautiful!! I'm glad that it is healing!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger