Saturday, July 12, 2014

And another ...

It's moth season. Every time I water the garden, or pull a weed, or check a hosta for slugs, I wake up a big yellow underwing, or a little whitish, fluttery moth, or something dark that flies straight at my face and disappears before I finish ducking.

This afternoon, I discovered this one, sleeping on my bathroom wall. I didn't wake it up.

I love the pattern on these wings. They measure 2 inches, wingtip to wingtip.

Another one to attempt to identify before I bother the good people at BugGuide.

2 comments:

  1. I have ones like that up here too. The patterns are so beautiful and intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's a geometrid, a measuring worm adult, but BugGuide didn't get any more specific than that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger