Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sand in his teeth

Found on Crescent Beach:

"That's not my spinach!"

Eelgrass washed up on the west shore of Boundary Bay and around the corner at White Rock piles itself up in great, knotty heaps of rotting black bands, smelly and usually covered with flies. On Crescent Beach, on the east shore, it blows up above the tide line onto the gravel, and dries into these short brown ribbons. No flies, no noticeable odor.

It is probably the effect of the wind, which is much stronger and more constant on Crescent Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger