Friday, March 20, 2015

Green and white lichen

The Canada/US border marker on the Boundary Bay beach has a tall cement base, lapped at the bottom by the highest tides. Looking for seaweeds the other day, I made the marker my turn-around point, and stopped to look at the marker itself.

On half of the Canadian side, above the reach of the tides, a colony of interesting lichens has settled in.

Green spots, up to about 3 inches across, with white borders.

There's even a little broken heart.

I was just carrying the little pocket Sony, since I'd come directly from the hospital, so the detail gets lost in noise. Next time, I'll make sure to carry the good camera, and get a better look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger