Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pink and green lichen towers

It rained all this morning, but around supper time, the sun shone between the clouds; the perfect time to look for mushrooms again. I had two hours before sunset, so I hurried west and combed mossy hillsides to see what I could see.

On a mossy log, I found this strange lichen.

Frilly towers, multiplying stems with each new level. I don't know if the blue-black ones are the same species.

As far as I can remember, I don't think I've seen lichens like these before.

And yes, there were mushrooms. Photos tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. They look like teacups stacked high. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. always make me think of Dr Seuss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is what was lurking on the edge of my mind! Teacups stacked by Dr. Seuss. Or was it plates? The Cat in the Hat, maybe?

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger