Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Gone fishing

And another mini-video, this time of one of the tubeworms, Spiochaetopterus sp., installed in the edge of a piece of bark, fishing for dinner.


These little guys dig in all over the tank; in the sand, in holes in the hermits' shells, in knots of larger worm coatings, in oyster and clam shells; anything more or less solid or mineral-based. I haven't seen any on seaweed or anemone stalks.

Here's a good photo of a typical "Spio", taken out of its tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger