Thursday, April 06, 2017

Tinies along the trail

The trees along the Ripple Rock trail are crowded, tall, twisty, and thickly draped in mosses. In the afternoon sunlight, the camera sees them as criss-crossing black silhouettes, with flaring yellow sunbursts. My eyes aren't any better. So I watch the path, instead.

First skunk cabbage bud of the year.

Frayed mushrooms on a log end.

Junco, thinking that if he doesn't move at all, I won't see him.

Moss sporophytes.

And on another, short, trail:

Green lights in the understory.

The trees are beautiful, but sometimes you can't see them for the forest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger