Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Good fire, pink fire

Fireweed.

Driving north, I passed entire fields of waving pink flags. They fill the scars left by loggers and line the ditches beside the highway. This patch brightens a wasted corner between Forest Service (logging) roads.

Epilobium angustifolium

The colour varies from pink to pinker, to magenta.

I wish this were the only fire seen in our forests this week. There is some good news about the burning fires, though. Some of the evacuees at Cache Creek have been allowed to return home. And they still have homes to return to. Maybe there's an end in sight.

But we still need rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger