Saturday, April 07, 2018

Unplanned stop

I am so glad the days are getting longer. Coming home at 7 PM, the setting sun on the mainland mountaintops and an empty beach dragged my car into a parking lot, and my feet down to water's edge.

Stories beach, and the mainland mountains.

Warm light on a snowy peak.

The incoming tide brought fresh seaweeds with it, mainly rockweed and eelgrass, fresh, green, and with roots. I brought home a full bag for my tank, and the hermit crabs are now clambering through an eelgrass forest loaded with good eats: hydroids, diatom fuzz, ("Yum!" they say, between mouthfuls) and tiny, waving red algae.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger